Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Where Rainbows End "Love, Rosie" Review


Summary: 
 From naughty children to rebellious teenagers, Rosie and Alex have stuck by each other through thick and thin. But just as as they're discovering the joys of teenage nights on the town and dating disasters, they're separated. Alex's family move from Dublin to America - and Alex goes with them. For good.

Rosie's lost without him. But on the eve of her departure to join Alex in Boston, Rosie gets news that will change her life forever - and keep her at home in Ireland.

Their magical connection sees them through the ups and downs of each others lives, but neither of them knows whether their friendship can survive the years and miles - or new relationships. And at the back of Rosie's mind is whether they were meant to be more than just good friends all along. Misunderstandings, circumstances and sheer bad luck have kept them apart, but when presented with the ultimate opportunity, will they gamble everything for true love?



Rating: ★★★★☆


Review:
Where Rainbows End (also known as Love, Rosie) is that perfect novel that makes you stay up all night to finish reading it. This book is about true love and most importantly about friendship. It is a cute and heart-warming story.

The thing that makes this book unique is the writing style. It is not narrated like most novels, it is written in the form of letters, emails, postcards and instant messages which made the whole book way more fun and quirky and although it sounds weird, I found myself liking it.
Cecelia Ahern succeeded in creating relatable and believable characters. I found each character to be lovable and engaging in his own way which made me quite attached to each one of them.
What I didn't like was that this book was long and very frustrating at times. I hated how Rosie and Alex made the same mistakes several times and how they were afraid to reveal their feelings to each other. Somewhere in the middle I found myself losing interest and had a hard time reading it but I have to admit that that period didn't last long and I found myself hooked again in a short time. Not to mention that the ending was more than satisfying.

In all this was a fun read. It was hard not to laugh or cry. I must admit that this was an entertaining book that I enjoyed reading and wouldn't mind reading again.

Ps: The movie adaptation is amazing!

Tell me in the comments below if you read Where Rainbows End and what did you think about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment